Thanks for joining the effort to reverse runaway inequality! Please help spread the word and help us keep up our momentum.
If you would like to learn more about how we started, please visit this web page.
Our trainers have made more than 230 presentations and workshops about runaway inequality and movement building across the United States since we started, training more than 7,500 people. Two major themes have emerged:
Progressives have to get out of their issue silos and join together in a common movement, because runaway inequality is an issue that affects all the other issues we care about. We need to adopt the identity of movement builder, willing to find common ground to create consensus.
For those whose support migrated from Obama to Sanders to Trump, we must focus on the severity of runaway inequality and how it is crushing working people across the country. We may disagree on social and cultural issues, but our labor and workplace-related problems are connected to the forces pushing for runaway inequality. We need to join together in a common movement to push back.
We’ve given this rap to union groups where half the members supported Trump as well as to union groups where nearly none support him. It goes over well with both.
Our education program opens up a discussion designed to lead to the discovery of a common agenda to reverse runaway inequality.
We can help educate people whose lives are affected by runaway inequality. We are building an educational movement based on the idea that when large numbers of people actually have the information and the space to discuss runaway inequality, good things happen.
Our hope is that we can lay the foundation for a grand coming together of a national movement that crosses issue silos and attracts the Obama-to-Sanders-to Trump voters. (See How To Win Back Obama/Sanders/Trump Voters)
Here are some ways you can serve as an educator:
- Share Materials on Runaway Inequality: You can take materials on runaway inequality and share them with others. Just showing one of your favorite charts or graphs could make a difference. (Many charts can be found in the curriculum for the Reversing Runaway Inequality workshop.)
- Start Runaway Inequality Reading Groups: You can set up a book club with friends, neighbors and colleagues to dig more deeply into the literature on inequality. (You will have access to the book Runaway Inequality at the lowest possible costs.)
- Become a Solidarity Builder: Read the book, attend an online video workshop, talk to friends, colleagues and other people about the importance of breaking down issue silos and addressing the problems runaway inequality creates for all social and economic justice issues.
- Become Trained as a Runaway Inequality Trainer: This is designed for those who might have opportunities to conduct trainings for work or comminity groups, from a two-hour talk to full-day workshops using the curriculum for Reversing Runaway Inequality. (Those of you who already are skilled trainers can run with the curriculum. Please do and let us know where and when you put on workshops and trainings.)
- Media Group: Developing ways to move the ideas and materials through social media and regular media.
Thanks again for volunteering your time and effort. We need you. We need each other.
Encourage your friends to join up, too. Send them this link.